Thursday, July 2, 2009

Why I was Wrong About Stallworth

Stallworth better pray after what he did
 
By: Jake

Apparently I had a little too much faith in humanity as I just learned that Donte Stallworth tested positive for marijuana after he killed Mario Reyes as he was running to catch a bus around 7:15 in the morning. I stuck my neck out for him in my last article about this case saying 30 days was not as much of a travesty as some people were making it out to be, but now it makes me sick that he got away with this. I know people make mistakes and do drink and drive, but to not only have have drunk too much, but smoked some weed before hand adds a whole new dimension to the case. I have a personal vendetta against drugs of all types, so hearing that he was high, or had smoked within enough time that it showed up in his blood made me take back everything I said defending him before.

Thankfully, Stallworth's smoking will catch up with him as it will undoubtedly be taken into consideration when Commissioner Goodell dishes out his punishment which was already going to be likely at least 8 games. At this rate with all the superstars like Vick, Plaxico, Pacman, and Henry getting in trouble, Goodell will likely be especially harsh as it seems that his message isn't getting through to the players. All in all, I hope Stallworth doesn't pay this year and has a lot of time to think about what he did and all the damage he caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment