Monday, September 21, 2009

My Prediction of the Jets season


By: Chris

Originally, before the season started, I had the "incumbent" New England Patriots atop my AFC East preview to win the division. Yet, as the season approached, and as I sat there watching the Jets absolutely dominate the Texans, this team really grew on me. I won't lie, I already had a quasi-man crush on Mark Sanchez, but this further confirmed this notion.

The Jets have a beautiful recipe for success. A stout running game, featuring a smash and dash duo with speedy Leon Washington, and power back Thomas Jones. Sanchez has proved to be extremely poised in the pocket, never putting the ball in danger, and acting as an amazing game manager. Defensively, the Jets are stacked on the line, and their LB core makes me drool. Their secondary is great as well with shutdown corner Darrel Revis (absolutely quieted Randy Moss) and the smack-talking Kerry Rhodes. Yet, the Jets backed it up, and served the Patriots on Sunday. Credit has to go to defensive genius, now head coach, Rex Ryan (who was seemingly dissed by the extremely unclassy Bill Bellichik in post-game hand shakes). Not only did he bring over stud Bart Scott, but he brought some fire for the Jets D, something they had been lacking over previous years. They are for sure one of the best defenses not only in the AFC but the whole league.

Now, you do not have to believe me, but Matt can justify this. My prediction was that the Jets would not only win the game against the Pats but also win the division (yes, going against my previous prediction, but he can vouch for me). Many Pats fans called me delirious, hoping for something that would never happen, and a New York homer. Look what happened.. might as well call me the NFL Nostradamus.

This Jets team is absolutely legit. Great pass rush, amazing talent on all three levels on the defensive side of the field, and a stout offense with a poised young man leading the charge. Look out, AFC, because the Jets are a threat. I am in love with this team, and don't see many things to dislike. I really look for them to break out this year, stun the Patriots, and snag the AFC East crown. Renewed prediction: 12-4 or 11-5

No comments:

Post a Comment